About the Blog

This is my diary....what I make sense of, around me. You'll find short prose on contemporary topics that interest me. What can you expect - Best adjectives? …. hmm occasionally, tossed around flowery verbs ?…. Nope, haiku-like super-brevity? … I try to. Thanks for dropping by & hope to see you again

February 26, 2012

Shikaripura Shimogga



Work related travel took me to a nondescript location away from Bangalore’s madding crowds last week. However the place I halted was anything but ordinary,  this inspection Bunglow (IB) had an eclectic mix of the old & new. Thanks to the former chief minister (Mr. Yeddyurappa whose constituency falls here) a spanking new guest house with inner courtyard rubs shoulder with some old colonial bungalows on a sprawling govt estate  laid out with well manicured garden and a variety of trees. Serene surroundings , a garden buzzing with birds, insects & troop of monkeys  and away from the hustle and bustle of the city, a welcome tonic for the tired body & weary soul.

No comments:

Feedburner Count