About the Blog

This is my diary....what I make sense of, around me. You'll find short prose on contemporary topics that interest me. What can you expect - Best adjectives? …. hmm occasionally, tossed around flowery verbs ?…. Nope, haiku-like super-brevity? … I try to. Thanks for dropping by & hope to see you again

October 9, 2010

Bangalore Blues...& Red & Green..

Bangalore aka Bengaluru gets its usual colour every fall; the myriad flowering trees (numbers of which are dwindling though) blossoming in a riot of Yellow, Red, Purple & White. This time though they have some serious competition; street side colorful murals depicting various facets of Karnataka & India.

The effort of the city municipal body (BBMP) that kicked off in 2009 seems to have paid off; in place of defaced public properties covered with anything from film posters to advertisements for jobs or paying guests one now finds serene pictures. Like the good old photo studios of yore, theme backdrops backgrounds in muslin or canvas where one could pose for photographs on a dummy scooter or car. Only difference is that nobody pauses for a photograph here though!

3 comments:

Nona said...

Nice murals. I was surprised to find it posted in one of the blogs. Till then, I did not know that Bengaluru had these art forms. Later, I found similar art near NGV.

Rama Ananth said...

Yes it is beautiful, and a unique way of using the space. It is always a pleasure to see them. I want more and more places to be covered by art. Oh, but I wish for so many things to happen in Bangalore.

Vasant Prabhu said...

@Nona - the best ones are near the Majestic under pass connecting sheshadripuram.
@Rama - nice to hear you, yes the wish list is big but small mercies do happen :)

Feedburner Count