About the Blog

This is my diary....what I make sense of, around me. You'll find short prose on contemporary topics that interest me. What can you expect - Best adjectives? …. hmm occasionally, tossed around flowery verbs ?…. Nope, haiku-like super-brevity? … I try to. Thanks for dropping by & hope to see you again

May 1, 2010

Joy Gurudev

The beleaguered Swami Nithyananda got arrested at the Bangalore International airport last week and was jeered by the crowd gathered there. Maybe the swami from Thiruvannamalai in Tamil Nadu could have been better off had he heeded to this story;

During a gathering a swami found himself cornered by a talkative woman who demanded to know his opinion on celibacy for the attainment of Sanyasa. The Swami said it would take a long time to explain and he would rather not do so at that occasion. But she wouldn’t let him go.
“All right, I’ll tell you how i feel about celibacy” said the badgered swami eventually. “ When I go to bed at night , I’m sorry. And when I get up in the morning, I’m glad.”

4 comments:

Nona said...

he he he!

BK Chowla, said...

What a come down.

Vasant Prabhu said...

@ Thanks Lydia for dropping by and for your valuable comments
@Nona, BKC - good to see u guys around as usual

Aditya said...

Swami Nityananda quotes
'Preach her by day, breach her by night'. Then 'Hari Om Shanti by day, Hurry home Shanti by night'.
Meaning 'Moral by day, oral by night'.

Sun shines at night too for such folks. Cheers

Feedburner Count